Business blogging is on the rise for both Fortune 500 organizations and the small business blogger. Blogs offer new ways to market your products and ideas. In the past year, I have been offering blog coaching and consulting to both individuals and organizations. It has been fun to be able to offer my three plus years experience as a business blogger at Portals and KM and twenty five years experience as a consultant to major organizations on using technology to support business goals. Bloggers can invest a lot of time generating great content but this great content needs to get in front of the right audience to optimize this effort. The content also needs to align with your goals for the blog. Sometimes small changes can make a big difference. I will work with you on how get started, optimize your search results in Google, Yahoo, MSN Live Search, AOL, and other engines, expand your audience, keep visitors coming back, avoid the common mistakes, and make the most of your investment in blogging. Topics include how to best use resoures like Technorati, digg, del.icio.us, AddThis, Facebook, and others.
The process varies with each blogger or group of bloggers but generally follows these steps.
1. Help define your blogging goals and objectives
2. Help you get started or examine your current blogging effort in the context of your goals and objectives.
3. Develop a customized report on your current efforts and suggestions for improvements.
4. Review report and determine next steps in the process.
5. Provide ongoing support as needed.