Aixa Almonte and Kathleen Gilroy have written a very useful article on using podcasting for learning. It is available at the Otter Group blog. They discuss their experiences with several clients. One example came from their work with Dr. Josh Weiss from the Harvard Negotiation Project. Here they have created 19 podcasts so far providing 3 to 5 minute summaries of key points in the associated course on negotiation. You can download these for free at their blog in the negotiation project space that uses Feedburner in the process.
A few of the reasons that they love podcasts for learning.
- Busy faculty can now deliver fast and easy instruction to learners.
- Anyone with knowledge and expertise can quickly and easily share it.
- Podcasts are better than streaming audio since they are portable, re-useable, and can offer subscriptions.
- Podcasts will soon be searchable
- Podcasts can be interactive
There is much detail in the article. It concludes with a nice diary of a podcasters experiences and examples from other organizations. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in podcasting.