This is the twentieth in a series of posts covering Cape Town and the surrounding Western Cape region. Wupperthal has been a Moravian mission station since 1965. It is located near Clanwillima several hours north of Cape Town. The name derives from the Wupper River in Germany. Two German missionaries arrived in 1829 and started a settlement. The populated grew after slaves were freed in 1838. Rooibos tea is now one of the main products. The village is reached through a dirt road over a series of hills.